Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Miracles happen everyday

Less than 5 minutes before this very moment of deciding what I wanted to write about tonight, I actually didn't think I would be writing a blog tonight. My goal is to write a blog every day this week. Why? Because it's a challenge for me and I've been putting myself up to these quite a bit recently.

Tonight, I was supposed to do another video blog and post it on YouTube and write a short blog about it since I did one on Sunday and another on Tuesday. I suppose I could wait until Thursday night since I will be far more energized and more awake. It just wouldn't make sense for me to force something and tire myself out yet again and get sick...again. Not worth it. My health comes first.

Speaking of health (and the main reason of why I decided to write a blog at the last minute), today, I learned about an incident one of my co-workers was in at the Leadville 100, a Life Time Fitness biking event that I believe takes place every year in Colorado in the small town of Leadville. I consider this guy to be a friend of mine to the point where if I saw him outside of work, I wouldn't have any problems approaching him and starting a conversation. He's the person I directed my parents to talk to about opening their membership with Life Time Fitness as well! Why? I knew he would give them the best service and not try to sell them a bunch of other stuff they're really not interested in; he's so far guided them in the right direction and both of my parents are doing very well with their goals thus far.
When I learned that he nearly lost his life on Saturday and how his life was saved by two men, I immediately thought about how every time I see him, I make a point to wave my hand or smile or stop into his office if he doesn't look busy and say hi. It also made me think about my life (all over again) and where I'm at in my career, relationships and how I've been communicating; specifically who've I've been communicating with.

From what I've heard, he's making a good recovery thus far, but I haven't really been able to stop thinking about him or his family. I've known all along he's married, but had no idea if he had kids. Today, I discovered he has two little girls; one is 11 the other is 13. He's currently in Colorado at a hospital and I really wish he was here in the Twin Cities so I could go visit him.

My heart is heavy, but I believe that he will pull through this. He is an avid biker, has a big heart, doesn't take life too seriously, but works hard to achieve the goals he sets for himself and I miss his smiling face.

To my family and friends: I love you all so much and I don't tell you that enough, but I do my best to find the right way to tell you. Sometimes, I'm just not quite sure how to say it, but I should say it way more, regardless. At the end of the day, no matter how we communicate, I am grateful for all of your support and listening to me, even when I might not make complete sense.

To my friend tonight whose about 1,200 miles away from home tonight, you are missed and I can't wait to be able to see your smiling face. Take care and know I'm thinking of you in these difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment