Friday, August 13, 2010

Getting back on track

I called my StepDad today and asked him for a favor.

I have a white board that is sitting in my room I purchased from Target and I need it hung, as soon as possible. By tonight, it will be hung and I will be writing my goals down (they need a time line as of right now) on it for not only myself to see, but when my parents walk in my room, they can see what I'm thinking.

My goal is to move out from under my parents roof within the next six months to a year. I think that is a perfectly acceptable time line, even if another year under their roof seems like a life time. They agree to let me live here, as long as I'm job searching, working and being smart about my decision making.

What will I be doing? Here's along the lines of what I want to do for myself. And everything here is perfectly do-able to start doing today.

1. Dig back into traditional media
There is nothing more "thrilling" for me than being able to pick up a newspaper and read about what is going on in the Twin Cities.
I also believe it's important to know what is going on in your community. I tend to be a bit of a newspaper clipper and I've decided that in order to stay as organized as possible, I will buying another filing system. This is small side project of mine that I began back in January 2010, but never formally announced it since there was no reason to. I'm going to give it another shot and see what happens. I'm still deciding how far back in time I want to go or if I'm just going to start over. You'll possibly see the progression in time. If not, that means it wasn't something that worked out for me. Confused? That gives you an excuse to reach out to me and grab a friendly cup of coffee!! ;)

2. Continue blogging
I would idealy like to post 2-3 blogs per week. Three might be a bit much for me (the topic has to pique my interest), but once Labor Day rolls around, I think my schedule might shift a little bit. I have to think about it this way though: Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso had 24 hours in a day to get done what they wanted to do. They probably felt the same way I'm currently feeling at this times: a little pressed for time. So, you make it work!! What do I want to talk about? Like I just said: anything that piques my interest. It is my blog!

3. Twitter and Facebook
Twitter: I have two handles. I'm back to using my ryanr09 account more because I'm using my RachelRyanPR handle for something more specific. If you've checked it out recently, I've come to 'dead stop' at tweet No. 800. There's one person that knows what's going on with that and at this point, that's the only person who needs to know.
I have a lot of people I'm following under my ryanr09 account and right now, for me, it's just a lot of noise and I'm not feeling it right now. Yes, I did a 'spring cleaning' but I'm realizing I didn't do a very good job at it. Whoops. I'm not being paid to be on it, so I'm not paying attention to who is saying what for the most part.

Facebook. Ooooooh Facebook, how would people be able to stalk me if they weren't connected to me there? I barely post anything anymore though and as for status updates? If you're friends with me in real life, I've decided you'll reach out to me if you want to know about what I'm doing. I'm not posting it for the 'world' to see on a minute by minute or hour by hour basis. Not even random spur of the moment. My last few updates were Switchfoot lyrics and the lyrics I chose pertained to what was happening in my life. I'll still check it, but it's a big time waster.

Bottom line: drop me an e-mail or shoot me a text (or pick up the phone) if you'd like to say hi. Don't be a stranger! I promise I don't bite! :D

4. My camera
She's a beauty. I need to invest in a tripod stand. I also need to find a program for my Dell laptop so I can make movies with my Sony W370; yes I plan on uploading some of the material to YouTube. I have 14.1 mega pixels on this baby!!! Oh yeah!!! But seriously. I need to figure out how to get my camera to work with my computer so I can make movies. It can't be that hard. My biggest problem?? My heart belongs with a Mac and I should have thought twice before buying this computer when I did in March 2006. The only reason I bought this computer? Well, I'll tell you right now, it was a lazy decision on my part.

5. Getting back on track
I know what I want. I have it really, really easy right now even if it doesn't seem like it. I need to stay organized, stay focused and start treating myself instead of depriving myself. My job search is going well and by well, I mean I'm at least getting rejection e-mails from companies, therefore, I'm not having to reach out times two. I'm reading interview articles for tips, I'm learning how to stay positive even when it seems like everything is falling apart --mostly people do it to themselves by not staying on track and I'm learning (the hard way) how to take care of myself. Right now, the biggest thing for me is my health. That comes before anything else. Without it, I'm in big, big trouble, especially if I end up in the hospital.

For now, that's it. I'm ready to get this white board up on my wall and keep my stuff organized. I should probably jet off to Target.

Any comments or opinions are welcome!! I hope you're having a fabulous Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment