Thursday, August 19, 2010

Captain Jack's in Prior Lake

Today is my Mom's birthday. We definitely have our differences, but regardless, I still love her and there are times where I wouldn't know what I would do without her. She's a person I confide in, but also the person who has shown me what hard work, persistance, tough love and where ideal judgement can bring a person.

Well, the other day, my StepDad called me and asked me if we should go to Rudy's Red Eye in Lakeville to celebrate her birthday. Not gonna lie. I rolled my eyes and simply stated "no" and that we needed to do something different and fun. Get outta dodge...even if it only meant going to a different city.

My sister recommended a restaurant right off Prior Lake called Captain Jack's. This place was FUN!!

They had a bar on the patio (lower level) right next to the water. And at the bar there are swings. Ohhh dear. Put a few drinks in someone on one of those swings and it could easily make a scene!!

For dinner, I had their Chicken Enchiladas. Very, very delicious.

I'm keeping my post short tonight, but wanted to give these guys a shout out. Their food is delicious (they serve breakfast from 10am-1pm), the view of the lake is spectacular, the swinging bar "stools" rocked and the company of wildlife (3 ducks were on patio) added a nice touch. I fed one of them a crouton. :)

I would highly recommend if you're looking to kinda get out of the city, but still want awesome food and friendly service to check out Captain Jack's.

Let me know what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment