Thursday, August 5, 2010

Allergies?? Say it isn't so

I woke up at about 6:30AM and ended up unloading the dishwasher and fed my cat, came back downstairs and now I'm job hunting.

I don't "have to" be up until about 8AM. I set my alarm for this time because it allows me major leeway to lay in bed for quite a while if I'm really roughin it and didn't get to bed at a proper time the night before. I know I lead a rough life, right?! :)

I have to be at work by about 9:30 today and I think I know why I'm up and not feeling exhausted or coughing like crazy for that matter...which for me has been the story of my life for the past month or so.

I'm 99 percent sure I have a slight allergic reaction to chlorine. How do I know this? I've never had allergies in my life (I've been poked and prodded many times) and for the past year, I've been in the water typically 5 days a week (it's part of my job) and not only has my asthma gotten "worse" (I've lived with it for 20 years), I've become sick more times in the last year than I have in the last 5 years.
Note: I was also a swimmer in high school and though it's been 9 years since I've been in the water this much, the same thing happened to me back then.

There's two things I need to keep doing then to fix my situation, but one will eventually "exhausted" the other.
1) "Claritin clear"; I took a 24-hour pill last night and low and behold, I woke up this morning feeling fantastic.
2) Keep job hunting; becoming sustainable is the biggest key for me.

Pretty self explaintory what I need to do, right??

It's nearing 7:30 and I'm still up, so I might as well get my day going.

Thank you Claritin, for making my life eaiser and turning around how miserable I've been feeling for far, far too long.

Love, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment