Saturday, July 10, 2010

Training for 7K

I'll be honest: I had a not so great day on Friday, in the beginning. But the day ended up turning around for me.

And this is the shortest post I'll probably ever write. :)

What happened? I decided I was going to live like I was dying. I had the hugest urge to run and I'm not sure where it came from (perhaps stress?) and I did this after working for 5 hours. After I ran, I bought a wedding gift for a wedding I'm going to today and I spent time with my StepDad at the Lakeville Pan-O-Prog that runs from July 4-July 11. Simple things, but things that made a difference for me.

I got on the treadmill with my Mizunos and ran my heart out. It felt amazing. I was refreshed. My legs felt great. The blood in my veins was on fire. The sweat felt even more amazing.

I hope I can keep this up so I can run a 7k this fall. I need to figure out dates for that.

Here's my stats:

Calories burned: 418
Total distance: 3.69 miles (this includes a .2 mile warm-up at about 3.7 mph and a 5-minute cool down beginning at 3.40 miles)
Time: 40 minutes
Official work-out time: 44:28 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment