Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fall brings beautiful things

Summer this year is crazy. Though I have no complaints, I am ready for the summer to be over with already and it's only the end of June.

Stepping back to look at life "as in" before pressing the fast forward button too quickly, a friend of mine who I reconnected with on Facebook -we were best buddies in middle school- is getting married in nearly 2 weeks. Her bachelorette party is this weekend and I have a new dress and shoes that I'm dying to have the opportunity to wear. I rarely spend money on myself --it's usually everyone else I'm buying for-- so this is a very big deal in two different lights. The one song that comes to mind? Shania Twain's "Man! I Feel Like A Woman".

Well, 'fast forward' about two weeks ago, I was in the mood for snow. I'm ready for life to settle down and snow, in a way, reminds me how to slow down because for me, it's not just a 'thing' that happens, it's a symbol for me. I want to stay extremely productive though. For me, there's a difference between being busy and being busy with intention. For me that difference is spending more time with family.

There are so many good things I have to look forward to however:
- A cousin of mine who resides in Laramie, Wyo., is roughly 15-weeks pregnant and a little girl will join the Fossum/Burstad clan and I couldn't be more thrilled.
- Another friend of mine is getting married in August; her bridal shower is this coming weekend
- Switchfoot will be in Chicago in August, I believe the 16th, 17th and 18th; I'm hoping to make it to one of those shows
- My Mom's birthday is in August
- Labor Day; maybe by then I'll have my career going
- A close family friend is getting married; her bridal shower is this coming weekend as well
- A good friend of mine has a birthday in early September; I'm eager to see what he has planned
- My birthday; good grief I'm getting old ;)
- Halloween; always fun to dress up and get away with dressing however you want
- Traveling to Colorado Springs this November
- My sister's birthday
- My StepDad's birthday
- Thanksgiving
- Christmas

Previous to typing all of this up, I thought things would slow down a little bit. What's going to help is having a regular Monday through Friday job. I'm constantly finding ways to reinvent myself, only thing is, I need a career that's going to allow me to do so. With my new camera I decided I'm going to splurge on soon -finally (it's been way too long!)- I'll have a new way to market myself. I've been told I have a voice for radio and I'm just going to say that I know I have good angles for the camera!

The only way to stand out is to get creative and that's my plan of action for this coming fall. What I need to work on is focusing and I need to stop coming up with crazy (rather pointless) ideas. If you're heard some of them recently, you know what I'm talking about. But there are 3 things that will always remain close to my heart: Switchfoot, Jeep Wranglers and being a Mass Communicator (engaging the public).

P.S. If anybody has the winning lottery numbers for next weeks MN Powerball, I'll gladly take notes! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment