Friday, June 18, 2010

Caribou Coffee Meet-Up: Friday, June 25

I went for another walk/run tonight in my Mizuno's and even though I was at total peace all the way to Lake Marion (even took my shoes off and tried convincing my dog Ruby that it's okay to walk in the water!), something happened tonight on my journey back home and I felt incredibly alone.

So alone that my gut began turning. And even though I looked into the beautiful sunset in the sky, I still could not help but wonder "What am I doing wrong??"

I need to get back out there and talk to people. What about what, I'm not even sure. It's like the song by Michael Buble called "Home" specifically the lyrics: "And I'm surrounded by a million people, but I still feel alone. I just wanna come home."

And by 'home' for myself, that's social media. I feel like I'm not indulging myself enough. And it's completely my fault. Well, to a point.

Even with my choppy schedule at work, I may be busy working on my side projects, but my own self-satisfaction of interacting with others and meeting new folks is a huge chunk of importance in my life and unless I have it, I feel so unaccomplished. You can only sit in front of a computer for so long, typing your fingers away and telling your audience what you're thinking about, but community involvement is also so, so important and I want that so badly, too.

I don't get many readers, or maybe I do? Here's my chance to find out.

I went to Caribou Coffee's website to see where the heck the Caribou's are in the state of Minnesota. Well, turns out, there's 215 sites and I'm choosing next Friday, June 25 to have coffee in Eden Prarie. I was originally going to be there at whatever time they open, but I have to be at work from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m., so I'll be there for an afternoon coffee break. :)

If you want to join me, leave a comment letting me know what time you plan on coming, what company you're with and if there's something specific you want to talk about. If you're just coming for the socialization, I'm totally game for it.

The address:

Caribou
16506 West 78th Street
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

I'd love to talk . . . about anything. I'm a very easy going person and even if we've never met before, come on over. Seriously.

If I get a lot of people responding, I'll inform everyone of whose coming.

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment