Friday, June 18, 2010

Boards tests, certifications, The Miller Times and a beautiful Friday evening

Note: I originally was not going to post this tonight, but due to the timing of the topics, it only seems logical to post this today.

I want reasons to celebrate life because I'm grateful to be alive; but without a thrill of something to share with my audience, I feel like I'm just waking up and not satisfying my own goals. I enjoy talking to people about anything but religion and politics.

I like being the source for the information. I have a hard time with this though because I also want to be able to shut off technology Friday after 4 p.m. through Sunday evening however, I'm still working on this time frame. We all need a break, even from what we're passionate about. For me that's sometimes the only way to keep the juices flowing.

So, to begin, this has been a hectic week for me, in terms of my personal life, but I am not complaining at all as the sun is shining and I have the rest of the day to do whatever tickles my fancy. I was working on blog last night I feel extremely passionate about, but this blog doesn't compliment it.

Here's what's making me really happy as the sun beams off my face as I sit on my deck.

1. My Mom passed her boards test. She went back to school for her RN degree and after countless hours of studying, writing papers and having to put up with clinicals (nursing students do not get paid for these) she graduated in May and passed her boards test June 16.
I am grateful to have such a wonderful, brilliant, smart, beautiful, funny, hard-working Mom who continues to show me nothing but love, tough love (I still need it!) and she agrees to disagree with my decisions from time to time. I love you Mom!!

2. Andrew Miller won the competition for the Fast Horse Inc., Summer Internship. The reason I am so happy for him? First off, we're both alumnus' of Minnesota State University, Mankato and secondly, we both went to school for a degree in Mass Communications. He focused in journalism, while I focused in PR. You'd think we'd be worst enemies. ;)
His blog The Miller Times is pretty awesome, too! If you're wondering, Andrew and I connected on Twitter through an awesome professor we both had, Ellen Mrja, as she mentioned him in one of her tweets and I just decided to begin following him. Follow me here and follow him here.
Congratulations Andrew! I hope we can get together for a drink when you move back to Twins Territory, of course after you're all settled in!
Oh and the Star Tribune wrote an article about it, but Andrew isn't too thrilled with the piece. The process of the interview thrilled him however!

3. I passed my CPR/AED test this morning. I set my alarm, woke up, did my usual routine, got to work (that's where I took my test), bought myself breakfast and was done at 1:30ish. After I watched a handful or two of videos, I demonstrated my understanding of CPR, rescue breathing, and what to do when an adult/child or infant is choking, how to apply the AED pads and use the machine if the victim goes into cardiac arrest, took the written test and passed! I'd love to brag about my score, but honestly, the numbers at this point done count. ;)

4. It's Friday. Not only did I pass my CPR/AED demonstrations and written test, it's Friday and holy crap I'm actually NOT working?! What??!? :) Paul Tran, you can pick your jaw up off the ground buddy.
Needless to say, it's beautiful out (mostly sunny), I am at home, organizing my thoughts, processing my next steps, doing a little cleaning, making a wonderful batch of ice tea, the wind in my face feels magnificent and the weekend is here. Even if that means I'm working, I'm grateful for the opportunities to work with the team I do.

5. I'm alive and well; oh and I'm still Diet Coke free! Just looking at their web site makes me crave for just one 12 ounce can of the stuff!! The main reason I gave up pop is something very simple called self control. Why I chose June is a different story...because there isn't a story. It's simply all about self control. I like to test myself and it's always a great way to wash out my system and hydrate myself with more water. I do enjoy other refreshments like Dr Pepper, Sierra Mist or Diet Mountain Dew every so often. Sometimes I'll even have a Coke if I really feel the need to "sugar" myself up. I refuse to drink Pepsi (pretty much battery acid --well, that's what I've heard!) or Diet Pepsi from a can. I'll only drink Diet Pepsi from tap as I don't like the taste of it from the can. All in all, I feel great about this. It's so silly, but it's perfect for me.

That wraps up my day folks! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment