Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Personal Growth

I feel that because I know entrepreneurs, such as Sarah Evans, Lorrie Douglas Morgan Ferrero, Sarah Kay Hoffman, Marty Fahncke, Paul Tran and a few others, I've been inspired in a new light. I've been reading about entrepreneurs as well when their story (and passion) lands in my hands literally, because I read the Star Tribune --like this one. I’m more driven to find out what’s going on in the competitive world. I used to have quite a different mind set, but this new thought of mine is coming from a different angle and I want to share my thoughts.

Man, have I been growing . . . a LOT recently.

If we didn’t compete with each other as much as we do, then how do we get better at what it is we’re doing? In other words, be the like... 'The Jetsons' as Deborah Yunger dared to be even if it did take entire decade. I used to look at it as “I only want to work 40 hours a week so I can go on and enjoy other things I’m doing; spend time with family, friends, explore new venues, having time for social networking events, fishing, catching some rays, shop for a new pair of shoes, or just relax with a good book.”

But here’s the other thing, if we weren’t “go getters” then what would ever get accomplished? The telephone, let alone your celluar phone maybe would not have existed. Computers? Bill Gates used to be looked at and called crazy, I'm sure of it! The other thing? If you're not doing what you're passionate about, then you automatically feel like your 40 hours is 'slave-driven' type of work.

So, do yourself a favor if you really want to get something accomplished. Break it down. It takes 21 days to make a consistent habit out of a new routine --according to experts. Who those experts are, I have no idea. But do yourself a favor and decide what areas you want to focus on, otherwise, you're not going to get very far.

I'm going to start my own healthy habits and I have plenty of areas to work on though the routine might take a while to get established because I need to find out how I want to grow and get better at what I'm already really good at doing! That's another thing: focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses. So, what's your next step?

This blog post was inspired by an article on Sarah Kay Hoffman's blog that she wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment