Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Respecting yourself and others

Dear Readers -

I am not proud of my latest post, which no longer exists on my blog. I have it saved as a word document.

I'm not proud of appearing to scream at the top of my lungs in posts. It actually would turn me off from a post if I saw it.

I wanted to apologize to my readers. Anyone who knows me somewhat well, knows that I need time to process moments after my buttons have been pushed so I can logically think and talk the situation through with someone who I trust. If that's the step I so choose to take.

Seeing and hearing views points helps me to shake it off and come back with a more calm opinion. I didn't do that after a post written by Bob Stanke where a guy at Cub Foods clearly needed to rethink what respect is all about. As a result, I probably painted a picture in your head that I can't take back.

We live in a very, very chaotic world. It's full of gray areas, not "rules", as I spoke about. We all need reality checks, some of us more often than others. But, that is life.

In the words of The Little River Band, it's time for another cool change.

Again, I apologize if I turned you off. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I still don't understand why you took the post down. I went back in my RSS Reader and re-read it and did not see a problem. Just because you used all caps doesn't necessarily mean you were yelling; you were merely making a point with emphasis. You blog is your blog so you can do what you want, but I thought you should have left it up! :)

    That is the great thing about a blog. It captures moments in time. That is how you were feeling at that moment. I don't think you should have to apologize for that.

    Like when I wrote this post:

    http://robertstanke.com/blog/2010/1/17/your-social-attitude-matters-a-lot.html

    But then followed it up with this one:

    http://robertstanke.com/blog/2010/1/18/your-social-attitude-matters-a-lot-part-2.html

    Just my two cents!

    Bob Stanke

    ReplyDelete