Thursday, September 2, 2010

The next mile-stone and what I see in my future

You can't buy success. You can't buy experience. You can't buy amazing friends. You can't buy a journey. You can't buy happiness or joy or even...love.

Every single one of these precious mile-stones comes when the timing is right and when it's meant to be, it sticks around...forever. Yes, each of these mile-stones can dissapear for a while, but the best things that are made to make you who are will be there, always.

I have 28 days until my birthday rolls around. I've been really silent this week with my blog. Yes, I've been this silent before but that's because I wasn't thinking about my blog or anything but personal content to write about but that's not what my blog is here for; personal testimonies that only affect me. My blog is here for me to continue growing, learning and connecting...with you. Essentially, this time, I've been silent for a different reason: I have not stopped thinking about ideas I want to bring to the table, topics or experiences I want to tell you about through my blog or where I see myself going next and experiencing.

I picked up a book yesterday that is going to change the way I've been thinking the last 6 months. And 6 months ago, my way of thinking changed into my current (soon to be "old") pattern. Or maybe it won't "change". My thought process has been more productive in the last 6 months than it has in my entire life. I'm going to call it the next journey that will be filled with amazing friends, happiness, joy and love.

If you've heard of Jim Collins, then you've heard of his book Good To Great. I'm on page 40 and after work tonight, I will continue reading this book. I'm not going to give you a sneak peak of what I've been learning and how engaged I've become because it's THAT good.

This is step two in my journey: finishing Good To Great. I might as well get a 28-day head start, right??

What was step one? So far, it's been a six-part series I've been calling "Hire Rachel Ryan Campaign" (#HRR <-- on Twitter):
1) Five things you might not know about Rachel Ryan
2) Why do I write about what I write about
3) What my capabilities are in the work force
4) My interests outside of mass communicating
5) Twitter and Facebook: building relationships, utilizing without abusing old-fashioned invitations
6) Societies expectations

There's more where all of that came from and I'm not even close to done.

Folks, I'm just getting started and I hope you'll stick around for what's to come. Once again, I'm leaving you in suspense...just the way I like it. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Good to Great is a book I recommend to many in business, along with Built to Last. We so often see companies who are successful, yet don't spend the time to understand the dynamics of why or how they achieved that success. Jim Collins does such a great job of explaining how it's done!

    ReplyDelete