Sunday, May 2, 2010

Peter Shankman, I'll let you do the talking ;)

It’s not about the money. It’s about what makes me laugh. It’s also about what gets you going. Feeling the rush? Awesome! Not so much? You’re doing it wrong. Make it right and make you the main focus. Being selfish isn’t always a bad thing. It can be for the common good of others. It’s just about how you look at the picture, even if parts of it are still blurry.

This is short because:

A) It is late and I have to work in the AM.

B) I have a few people in my head who are really living life the way everyone else is afraid of –due to security reasons (i.e. finances): Calley Bliss McDowall (a New York singer), Ryan Schmidt (Comedian), Paul Tran (Franchise Developer/Investment Company Shareholder/Client Ambassador) and Peter Shankman (author). In fact, he’s the main reason I’m writing this blog at a crazy time of ‘day’. Oh and I cannot forget about the lovely and ever growing Sarah Evans (CEO of Sevans Strategy).

If you don’t have a focused story, you’ve already lost your own employees and the work that you’re paying them to do is going to do jack for your company. There, I said it in the bluntest way possible. Notice I didn’t say audience, I said employees. Next thing you must think about in social media? HARO: Help A Reporter Out. Well said Mr. Peter Shankman.

I’m out.

Comments are always welcome readers ;)

Delightfully,
Rachel Ryan

P.S. “Can We Do That?! Outrageous PR Stunts That Work – and Why Your Company Needs Them” by Peter Shankman <-- best investment I’ve made in a while :)

1 comment:

  1. You have me all excited to read this book now! Since meeting you and understanding your passion for PR has me very interested in learning more about it.

    Bob Stanke

    ReplyDelete