Friday, May 28, 2010

The messes in our lives don't have to be what they are

"Welcome to planet. Welcome to existence. Everyone's here. Everyone's here. Everybody's watching you now. Everybody waits for you now. What happens next? What happens next? I Dare You To Move."

I've learned that there are bigger things in life than how much money you make.
Imgaine how screwed we'd all be if we had to pay for the air we breathe. Have you ever thought about that??

I've learned that there are bigger things in life than telling someone that your way of teaching a student is the only way that works and if you don't follow their lead, something is gonna have to give.
Not that this necessarily applies but my math professor at RCTC, I believe his name is Terry Knight, was an amazing mathamatics instructor and he had the golden key (his instructing ability) to help me pass a class I literally failed at passing the first time around. I also had a different instructor the first time.

I've learned that if the shoe doesn't fit, don't force it because when you do, people thrive on having someone else to turn and point the blame to.
Yesterday, I heard President Obama taking full blame for the oil spill not having been taken care of yet. Who said you were in control and when did you ever say you knew how to control issues like this??? I'd say the same thing to any President. Dude, how is it your responsibility??? There's no "perfect" way to go about doing anything. There is such a thing as being cautious and listening to warning signs instead of pushing the clock to keep going so you can make your boss happy so he can make even more money off of people who filled up their vechicles. Oh wait, that's my money he's taking. Some guy didn't do his job correctly on the ship and because of a perfect normal (and legit) decision he didn't make, the world is 'screaming' at each other and pointing finges once again.

We aren't here to prove anything to anyone.

(WARNING: I'm about to change subjects . . . because I can.)

But try new things for more than one day so you can see from a different perspective.
Example: the first car I bought, I really bought it for the wrong reasons and if I could take what I know now and apply it to when I turned 16, I would totally listen to my gut.

My first car was a red 1991 Pontiac Grand AM 5-speed transmission. OH MY GOSH. I paid too much for the thing and if someone would have sat me down and explained what the cost was going to be overall -maintance included, I might as well have just saved up enough money to buy a nice gently-used car. At the time, I wouldn't have listened very well. I definitely would have heard you, but my thought process back in the day was "well, this is what I want and I'm just gonna do it." I wasn't thinking into the future, I was thinking about my "right now" time.

What I think about now? What is this going to do for me down the road? Not to reference them AGAIN but Peter Shankman and Jonathan Foreman are two guys I like...a lot.

Why? Because they THINK but not too much. And they both make sense to me. I did a quick search the other day on Jon and he was born in October (my month of birth as well). Peter? I think he was born in April? *double checking* OMG. As I'm checking, I found this hilarious video. It gets a little old toward the end, but I'm saying he's an August baby.

Anywho. I'm not really into astrology, but sometimes when someone is born with the same zodiac sign you have, it's possible you could have similiar thought processes??

Getting back to my point: I could sit down and talk to these guys for hours on end about philosophy, marketing, maybe even create a campaign for a new idea and throw a party with some delicious food and awesome music to make the entire evening memorable. Someday, this could happen. Everything that is supposed to happen will happen in due time.

I dare you to move. What helps make you think? What gets you going? What stimulates your brain?

Do me a favor and don't let anything silence your love. Because lately, I've been learning how to not let that happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment