Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Moving: good or bad?

I don't know when, but I'm going to somehow own property in Southern California, someday. Or at least a timeshare

This thought crosses my mind often because I love the sun, ocean, palm trees, sea creatures and exploring different paths in life.

I know what I want, or at least have a good idea as to what I will be doing in five years from now. I'm finding my way which has meant not automatically picking up and moving to the next spot without giving the situation(s) some real thought. That's what I do. I think things through and analyize the whole situation. I'm adventerous, don't get me wrong, but this topic has crossed my mind far too many times to not put it on my blog as a topic.

Many people my age who graduated the year I did seem to be doing a lot of 'moving' around --as in, to a different state-- and claim to either be really happy (according to their Facebook updates), or they're just not quite sure what they're doing with their life. They surround their daily life with activities they enjoy and seem to have formed great friendships with new friends. One of my aquaintences even decided that maybe by blogging it will help her find her way? Um...okay. There's really nothing wrong with that however.

But here is what I don't get: if you don't know what you want today and you really aren't sure what you see yourself doing in five years, then what is it you're going to do so you're not waking up everyday and scratching your head wondering what your next step is going to be

My question for you then is this: what has been your career "ah HA!" moment(s)? :)

Mainly, this is me ranting. I'll do my best to come up with a more "worthy" reading topic next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment