Sunday, February 7, 2010

Southern California

Become who you are. It happens once in a life time.

I'm becoming who I want to be again --taking more vacations like I used to in high school-- and Twitter has a lot to do with who I've evolved to become over the past year. I've met quite a few amazing people, a lot of these people actually reside in SoCal. Maybe it's a sign?! *gasps* ;)
Paul Tran, Jenny Pollak and a few others would like to think this is true.

I went to Southern California in March 2005 for spring break with a cousin of mine who resides in Laramie, WY. I will never forget the college students we met from Flagstaff, AZ or the time when we parked illegally (long story --I'll tell you sometime if you're interested) just so we could go shopping, our boggie boarding adventures, whale watching, our unexpected $50 tab at Joe's Crab Shack in San Diego --we must have been hungry! There was plenty more.

I remember I had to changed plans once in Phoneix and the entire flight from Phoneix to California, I was looking out the window of the plane and was trying to recongize the boarder line so I could know for sure that I had finally reached California. It felt like it took a million years to get there.

It feels like it has taken a million years to get back there.

I'm going there again in the first part of May. I've decided this is the best month because swim lessons will be winding down as the spring air moves in and our outdoor pool at my site opens Memorial Day. It's going to be crazy busy and I expect numbers to quadrupal within the last few days of May before June comes around. The May weather in Southern California should be warming up, so I figured with all of this in consideration, the first or second week in May is perfect timing.

California, are you ready for me?!

Here's my list of things do:

1. Meet the following people:
@Global Patriot - Mark Lovett
@MissMotorMouth - Michelle Naranjo
@RochelleVeturis - Rochelle Veturis and her soon-to-be-hubby
@SimonLeung - Simon Leung
@ChelseyVeturis - Chelsey Veturis
@PaulTTran - Paul Tran and his girlfriend Jen Ho :)
@OC_Monica -Monica Mohler
@jonesin4cali - Jenny Pollak
@FasTak - Yacine Baroudi
@RachelAkay - Rachel Kay
@Lotay - Lotay Yang
@NealSchaffer - Neal Schaffer

I have feeling I'm still missing a few names here

2. Enjoy a bottle of fine wine with Mark Lovett and whom ever else would like to join us

3. Go to the HOLLYWOOD sign and get my picture taken - I'll be damned if I don't

4. Parasailing is a possibility, but not quite sure yet about keeping this on my list for sure.

5. Go to Universal Studios

6. Go to Disneyland

7. Take a couple of days to go on some hiking adventures

8. Go to Newport Beach; my show The OC filmed quite a bit in this area and I'm still a fanatic.

9. Visit Hollywood, Long Beach, Laguna, Los Angeles, San Diego; road trip anyone?! I just wanna do some site seeing.

10. Go to a winery

11. The list continues to build

I'm excited, beyond thrilled and ready to get out of MN again for a while.

I'm also looking at Timeshares in Southern California. I have a feeling I'll be going back to visit down there quite a bit. These friends of mine, who I have to even meet IRL have become like family to me.

There might be a part 2 later on with this blog. It's my one day off and I have much I want to do. :)

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    I live in Newport Beach so by meeting me you'll kill two birds with one stone! Can't wait to meet 'ya ;-)

    @NealSchaffer
    http://windmillnetworking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something tells me that if a bottle of wine gets opened Rachel Kay just might show up, along with a few other peeps! Looking forward to your visit to San Diego and the SoCal coast!

    ReplyDelete