Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fundraising for schools

Target does it. And that's the only company I can currently think of, off the top of my head.

I keep thinking about the day I'll be an Aunt and I have so many things I have in mind to do for my niece(s)/nephew(s). I just though of this today, but I'm not doing research because I don't know if they'll be going to school in Prior Lake, Minn., or not. I want to be able to support the school district they attend, but I'm not sure what programs are still out there or what has been put on the back burner?

Things I've heard of in the past:

Collecting pop can tabs: I don't know what schools still do this. I'm not about ready to get on the phone and waste an entire afternoon figuring it out either.

Kwik Trip's "Moola for your Schoola": cut (from 1/2 galls plastic bags) the top of the bag off and bring it to your school --or something like this. Their one gallon jugs also have a 5 cent top you can keep while recycling in the end.

Is "Adopt A Highway" an option? I know Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts can do this.

Leave a URL, an idea or a program you already support. I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. Check out http://www.boxtops4education.com/ I save the tops from various products (I eat a LOT of @Nature_Valley bars). Most schools are on board with this program. My mom is a teacher, so I donate all of mine to her school. She says they make a huge amount of money this way every year. I've also set up a collection program with the company I work for, some of which goes to my mom's school, and some of which benefits schools around the country where we do business.

    ReplyDelete