Monday, December 28, 2009

Have You Heard About The Lonesome Loser

"Have you heard about the lonesome loser? Beaten by the queen of hearts everytime. Have you heard about the lonesome loser? He's a loser but he still keep on trying." http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/little_river_band/lonesome_loser.html

Dear Lonesome Loser -
Embarrased. A word anyone could use to sum up the idea that when you don't check multiple [reliable] sources, false statements spread faster than the flu [it is still that time of year] and your credit then weakens.

That's all it takes in social media. One mass communicated false statement. Wave goodbye to your credibility because no one has time for you.

People look for attention to get their name out there.

I was not amused by a hoax message someone started from a Web site called Fake A Wish. http://www.fakeawish.com/ The sick rumor spread fast.

From this day forward, I was allowed one failed statement and I'm thankful that those who follow me on Twitter who accepted my apology for believing something to be true, before I checked multiple sources to confirm what I had read from someone who tweeted about the same thing just minutes before my own tweet on twitter. I'll keep that persons identity annoymous because I know this person means well.

Admit up to your mistakes. If you think about it, this can actually help you keep your credibility. Don't point the finger at someone else when you know what's been done. Speak up because the truth shall set you free.

I still think about that white sparkly glove and then just recently, after Brittany Murphy's death, which is still being investigated http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany_Murphy I thought to myself "please, please no more."

To whomever started the nasty rumor today about a certain actress: get off your couch and do something that's worth your time. Stop being dramatic and hurtful. It's gotten you noticed, but it will get you no where.

No comments:

Post a Comment