Monday, June 29, 2009

It's been a while

"At twenty years of age
I'm still looking for a dream
A war is already waged
For my destiny
But you've already won the battle
And you've got great plans for me
Though I can't always see

Cause I've got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Tryin to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
And on my own I'm so clumsy
But on your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujenRXDu2Ik

Anyone can relate to this song, no matter how many years young you are.

Not sure exactly what I'm after in this blog, but I do know that many lives have been taken in the past week: Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Ed McMahon and a 24-year-old lady from Fort Worth, TX, Megan Porter (also known on Twitter as @megapixel).

I'd say that's five too many, but there are reasons for everything and it's made me come to the conclusion regarding the following that is a combined quote of two: "wake up each morning as if it were your first day and live it like it's going to be your last."

I'm going to do my best to blog weekly about whatever it is that is on my mind and today, I really don't have a whole lot to say except I'm doing a nationwide search for communications positions on LinkedIn. I'd prefer to find entry-level marketing/pr positions since this is what I need and that is what is realistic as a recent college graduate.

People ask me all the time what kind of job do I want.

To work with people
To inform people
To help people (non-profit)
To travel (I have no current obligations to not travel)
To write
To research
To market
To campaign
To find a company with strong values/visions, that is innovative, has direction and one that I can grow with

I'm not picky, but compaines/firms/agencies/non-profits are.

That is all I really have and I'm going to post a video as soon as I'm able to about whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment