Saturday, January 9, 2010

Your chance to get to know me a little better

This will be the most random note you'll ever read about me, but I encourage you to do one for yourself, for the public to see.

- I hate the sound of slamming cupboard doors; it seriously puts my stomach in a knot.
- I love the spotlight when on stage, but can't stand the media frenzy -- someone tell me how this even makes sense. :)
- I hate being put on the spot and depending on circumstances, I like to think things through.
- I love diet coke --but I find myself drinking less of it the more I work out.
- Belly button piercings take me back to 1998; I don't like them.
- I'm not a big on life stories in a 10-minute pitch; I'd rather learn what your story is over a period of 10 years.
- I love salt and used to not like black pepper . . . now, I like both.
- I'm a very strong spirited @Switchfoot fan who believes that no matter what you feel, attitude will take you as far as you wanna go.
- I want(ed) meet two people and know them personally. Unfortunately, one of them died my favorite month in the year of 2009. The other, ask and I might reveal the answer.
- One person I want to meet again and get to know better dropped out of college who lives in San Diego, but thrives on his Faith, music and surfing; he's in a band whose motto for their fans is "Friend of the Foot."
- I wish that silver looked good on my fingers. It doesn't, therefore I'm hoping I can settle for Platinum but I've heard that's not the best quality and gets beat up over time.
- I love camoflauge more than I think I should, as well as silver colored skeleton heads, as jewerly (i.e. rings).
- One huge reason I loved being 24; the song 24 written by Jon Foreman of Switchfoot.
- I love converse shoes; I don't tend to dress emo, but that's the one shoe I really like
- I wear my Ugs on the daily basis, as well as flip flops. Considering I have a job that requires me to be in the water a lot, especially during the winter time? Yeah, you would too.
- I can't stand it when cockiness overcomes the real reason for pride.

Random, but I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone here and see if anyone else is willing to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your list Rachel, especially the phrase "attitude will take you as far as you want to go", as that says much about your capability, drive and determination, despite the fact that you're not fond of media attention, but that will change :-)

    ReplyDelete