Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Green (but not with envy) and ready to go!

"Believe in Yourself," is a small book --maybe a 3"x 5"-- is a great inspiration to me. And once again, I'm keeping this one short. I'm exhausted.



"Don't be frustrated by your inexperience -- all green things inevitably grow."

"Sound the note that calls to your soul." - Sanaya Roman

"Be courageous. It's one of the only places left uncrowded."

"If you don't take control of your life, don't complain when others do."

"If at first you don't succeed - try setting more realistic goals."

"Being busy doesn't necessarily mean you are being productive."

"Apologize, don't agonize."

"There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from." - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

"Falling's part of the game. It's like my dad always says: "No matter how good you are, the ice is still slippery." - Michelle Kwan


I have very little experience in public relations, but I know that once I get going, I'm going to do great things. Mankato, for me, plays a different tune and I'm not so good at playing along with it, especially because my first reaction isn't to call my friends on "Thirsty Thursday" and ask them to go to the bar. I'd rather go skiing, to a movie, a theater show, or to some restaurant downtown Minneapolis that I've never been to.
I do find it difficult to be courageous in this world today, because I feel inferior. But that right there...that word "inferior," isn't an option today or tomorrow especially if I wake up and I'm given the gift of being able to awaken to the sun shining. I don't know exactly what it's like to have somebody take complete control over my life either, however, I know what it's like to be pushed into something I'm not comfortable doing. But soon, I'll have the option to be able to be the interviewee and ask questions. I'm putting myself in the interviewers shoes, for now.
School just...quite simply, isn't my thing. I'm all about entertainment.

I'm currently, busy, being me. Donating plasma twice a week, doing homework, going to class, watching The O.C. (I own all four seasons), hanging out with my friends and finding out what my "dream job" is. I'm not being productive...at all. I'm doing what I need to do, to get to the next step.

It's so, so, so, easy, to point fingers when we make mistakes. But each time I do so, I've got three pointing right back at me, unless I have an actual story.
I'm learning though, in this life. Roughly a quarter of a centry old and I'm finally starting to get this life.

It feels good and so awesome to know what it's like to really start living. Are you truely living?

I believe in myself = key ingredient. How do I know?? Because I know. I am inexperienced, but all green things must inevitably grow.

2 comments:

  1. "If at first you don't succeed - try setting more realistic goals."

    ......sad!!!!! You always hear everyone say, "you can do whatever you want to do if you really want to."
    The quote above puts a little more realistic spin on it but takes the romance out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ability to tell the truth will serve you well in PR. It's all about transparency, and I think you've got it. You said you're so darn sensitive as though it's a bad thing. Have you thought about working in nonprofits? These organizations need people who are passionate and a little sensitive. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete