Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's a harsh world out there . . .

Being the underdog is absolutely no fun. But I suppose there are worse things happening in the world.

I don't have the world or someone walking three feet in front of me, shoving a foot long telephoto lense in my face trying to catch a snap of my face, only to make some money off of the shot and then making up some story about my current life and what I'm feeling or doing. They don't watch my every move, trying to find a way to blame for me disappointing fans or people who look up to me either. I have no idea what that lifestyle is like, though someday, yes someday, I may come to find out what that is like.

Inquire if you must.

For example, Michael Phelps. Many people are asking, "what was he thinking??" If you have been living under a rock, or maybe you've been consumed by other media, then take a look at this article: http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9186634/USA-Swimming-suspends-Phelps-for-3-months?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

There are posts regarding Miley Cyrus, supposedly making fun of Asian's?
Took me a while to find the article, but I made it!

What MSN had to say first: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=350628

Miley Cyrus defends herself: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=351051

Oh wait, that's not all . . .
Apparently the TomKat crew is trying to make money off of their little girl, who I for one, find absolutely adorable: http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=350821&affid=100055

Unfortunately, for Suri, she didn't ask to born into the spotlight. But, she has a mother who continually lets her be snapped by these photographers.

What my question is? Is this healthy? Do celebrity parents realize that not everyone is born for the spotlight? I'm not sure.

My immediate thoughts? Leave the little ones alone.

We, America, are beyond obsessed with pointing out other people's flaws or mistakes, yet we all have our own. We are so concerned about who is seeing who, who is cheating on who, who supposedly made-out at club "X" with who, but they're supposedly seeing someone else and then we're wondering why a couple like Lilo and Sam are supposedly fighting. This list can go on and on and on.

We are obsessed with reading about people, we are consumed by drama, and I don't understand how people can even watch so-called reality shows like The Hills.

I quit watching The Hills because I cannot stand Spencer and Heidi, or the image they protray on this television show. I want to think they're different in person, though. I really do. The other reason I quit watching? Lo's character in this show, specifically how she treats Audrina is sickening. If you don't know who I'm talking about click on this link: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/the_hills/cast_member/cast_member.jhtml?personalityId=10266 and you'll get a better idea.

I, for some odd reason, very much enjoy watching The City and I'm captivated by Whitney.

Does anybody remember Dakota Fanning? If you don't, I'm speechless.
http://dakota-fanning.org/

My brain actually relaxes when I think of this young lady. Fanning's smart, has grown up to be a beautiful teenager and I can only imagine how stunning she will be when she is 20 years old. Also, Fannning is talented beyond words, and smart to live the way she does. I've never met her, but recently thought of her yesterday and went to her Web site.
It's very interesting how one can live in Los Angeles -as a well-known celebrity, have a few dozen credits to put on their resume, and their face doesn't appear everywhere. Not only this, there aren't stories out there to haunt them in their sleep. In other words, it's possible to live a very down-to-earth kind of lifestyle.

To tell you the truth, when "...Baby One More Time" came out, the world was stopped dead in its tracks because we had a 17-year-old girl in a mini-skirt and -possibly- an Oxford brand buttoned-up dress shirt on which revealed her torso.
You can't tell me that Ms. Britney Jean Spears didn't have it coming, but could have stopped the attention, if she really wantd to and still would have still been just as big of a star as she it today. For goodness sakes, Christina Aguilera did it.
Is Spears really down-to-earth, or did she asked for everything she's been handed?

Now, Phelps, Cyrus, Suri, Pratt and Spears.

One of you is a regular 23-year-old who loves what he does and did what plenty of other people in this world do, yet they also have people who look up to them as role-models. Unfortunately, you [Phelps] has a whole world watching you and you have sponsors who assume that they can suspend your contract almost immediately because it's the only thing we can do to make you feel punished. Americans are too engulfed in watching other people screw up and would like to point the blame at someone else. I guess I can fairly say, you did it to yourself. But what I really want to say? Oh. My. Gosh. It's a bong and our Troops are doing the same thing overseas. I'm not sure what's more important in the American mind: saving lives and defending American freedom or being a celebrity who breaks world-records.

Cyrus, you're within three years of Ms. Fanning, I do believe. You're beautiful, young, talented, already been compared to newly divorced Madonna while on a photo-shoot or making a video for your newest recorded single. How about you take your friends elsewhere on a private jet, or go somewhere else you won't be noticed.
No, actually, how about you just be a kid. My goodness. Did you forget a step?

Suri, pictures are worth a thousand words, but I don't know what you're feeling at all. Yet, when you cover your ears and hide your face, I hope this would be a strong indication that you are trying to show your parents a sign and maybe your parents aren't listening. It is totally possible. There are no perfect parents out there.

Pratt, I do not know you and honestly, sincerely, I don't want to know you.

Ms. Spears. You know nothing else, but fame. But I am thankful you have friends and family who will never leave your side, no matter how far you try and push them away. Fans come and go. I don't care how much money they've spent on you, how many hours they've devoted to promote you, or how many concerts your biggest fan has gone to. They don't know you. However, your friends and family; they are there to catch you and guide you with their love and support. You are lucky. Blessed. Fortunate. And another thing? I do believe you are a smart woman, mother and aunt who only wants the best for their own family. You have the world pushing you around, people you work with who hear you, but don't listen sometimes.

"Love me, hate me, but can't you see what I see? All of the boys and all of girls are beggin to if you seek Amy." - Britney Spears 'If U Seek Amy'

Also, life is short. And here's a great song by Bebo Norman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn6Hi6Jq0lM

"I know love goes around the world we know and we never see it coming back, but I can see it coming back for you." -Bebo Norman 'Britney'

I like to learn about people, celebrities and discover who we are individually.

Remember in the beginning how I said that being the underdog isn't so bad? Well, I do have my own life to live and I just escaped my own reality. It is a harsh world out there. Now, I must go back to where I left off before I began writing this: abstract papers and studying for tests.

That is my down-to-earth life of being a college student. And like celebrities, I have a stressful life, too. I just don't have stories being written about me and sponsorships being taken away.

1 comment:

  1. Rachael:

    You don't have to worry about stories being written *about* your life. You are living your life and writing your own stories.

    And what writing talent you have. Well done!.

    ReplyDelete